Hello there! I can’t wait to get to know you, so I’m sure you’re wondering a little about this lady you’ll be spending so much time with this semester! Here are a few facts about me:
– I’m a native North Carolinian, even though I’ve lived in Georgia, Florida, and Washington, DC as well. But, North Carolina is by far my favorite! In fact, I graduated from nearby Wakefield High School, so the Wake County Public School System has been a huge influence in my life!
– I earned a B.A. in Economics with a minor in Public Policy from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and have since pursued teaching at North Carolina State University (so yes, I pull for both)!
– My younger sister also teaches math at Heritage High School, so we often bounce ideas off each other, and our parents hardly hear us talk about anything else these days! We also coach the HHS girls tennis team together!
– I’m an advisor for the HHS Student Government sophomore class, so if you’re interested in getting involved, come talk to me!
– In college, I played alto saxophone with the Marching Tar Heels. Joining was by far the best decision I ever made in college, because I got to travel all over the country for practically nothing! I even played on Notre Dame’s football field and saw the Tar Heels win the 2009 NCAA Men’s Basketball Championship in Detroit in 2009. Moral of the story: join clubs in college!
– I LOVE hearing new music I’ve never heard before. If you have a new favorite (school-appropriate) song that you think I would love, please tell me!
– I helped publish a data report on local government performance measurement statistics in 2011, so my name is in the Library of Congress.
– I love dogs! My family has a 9-year-old Jack Russell named Dottie and a two-year-old beagle named Sadie.
– I was in Times Square on New Years Eve as 2010 became 2011. I HIGHLY recommend doing it at least once in your life!
– Football is my favorite sport, and I am SO excited to cheer on our Huskies!